Ethical Principles and Publication Policy
ETKİLEŞİM PUBLICATION POLICY
ETHICAL PRINCIPLES AND STAKEHOLDER RESPONSIBILITIES
Etkileşim (Interaction), the Academic Journal of Üsküdar University, Faculty of Communication (henceforth, “the journal”), undertakes to carry out publication ethics within the framework of the standards set by internationally accepted academic institutions, particularly "Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)". In this context, the authors are responsible for the opinions, thoughts and comments in the articles and Üsküdar University cannot be held responsible. Studies containing hate speech, discrimination, marginalization and similar unethical expressions are not taken into consideration. Scientific and academic ethical understanding is based on all stages of evaluation, acceptance and publication of articles. In cases such as the use of fake or fraudulent data, the application of unethical techniques / methods in studies conducted with humans or animals, and the detection of quoting from other sources without reference; the relevant study is not evaluated, and elements mentioned above are reported to the author. The published texts can be used with reference, based on intellectual property and copyright legislation, for academic purposes. They cannot be reproduced partially or completely for commercial purposes. The 'Ethical Principles' of the journal also operate within the framework of the responsibilities of journal stakeholders.
Ethics Committee Permission
Within the framework of the ethical approach adopted by Etkileşim’s nationally and internationally valid academic studies and research rules, the types of research that require the author to obtain 'ethics committee permission' from the relevant institution are as follows:
* Survey, focus group, observation, experiment, interview techniques and all kinds of research conducted with qualitative or quantitative approaches that require data collection from participants using questionnaire,
* Studies in which humans and animals (including material / data) are used for experimental or other scientific purposes,
* Clinical research on humans,
* Experimental research on animals,
* Retrospective studies in accordance with the Law on Protection of Personal Data (“PPDL”).
* To obtain "informed consent form" for case reports,
* To obtain permission from the owners for the use of scales, questionnaires, photographs and similar visual materials belonging to others and including this information in the relevant sections,
* It must be declared that intellectual and artistic works used comply with the copyright regulations.
In this regard, details of the "Ethics Committee Approval" should be included in the article and the "Ethics Committee Approval Report" should be uploaded to the system while the article is sent to Etkileşim via DergiPark. If required, the editorial board has the right to request detailed information from the author on this subject. Studies that require "Ethics Committee Approval" but do not present the report will not be evaluated.
Editorial Board / Editors
The Editorial Board / Editors (Managing Editor, Editor, Assistant Editors, Language Editors, Web Editors, Secretariat) of Etkileşim are responsible for all kinds of content published in the journal and undertake the following roles and obligations in line with the relevant articles:
• Undertaking all kinds of responsibilities regarding legal processes in line with job descriptions,
• To provide information to the author and the reader upon request,
• To strive for the development of Etkileşim,
• Supporting freedom of thought and expression,
• To stand against hate speech, discrimination and marginalization,
• To be respectful to ethical principles and intellectual rights,
• To carry out all processes transparently in accordance with accountability criteria.
Referees who are experts in their fields employ blind reviewing without compromising academic and ethical principles. Referees must comply with the following rules during the article evaluation process:
• Notifying the editorial board about the studies outside the field of expertise,
• Keeping author names confidential or not trying to communicate with the author,
• Conducting all kinds of communication with the editors through the official digital channels of Etkileşim,
• Carrying out the article evaluation process in line with the principle of confidentiality,
• Not compromising the principle of objectivity in evaluation,
• In the event of any conflict of interest, requesting a rejection of the review and reporting it to the editors,
• Bearing in mind that the assessment is only focused on work, and personal perspective and approach style differences are not allowed to affect the evaluation process,
• Preparing the evaluation report by adhering to the scientific attitude and understanding, without going beyond the limits of academic respect and courtesy,
• Referees involved in the evaluation process are required to adopt the journal's publishing policy, ethical principles and editorial attitude.
Authors who submit articles to Etkileşim are expected to perform in accordance with ethical principles and publication principles. In this context, authors must comply with the following rules set by the editorial board:
• The article cannot have been published in digital or printed media.
• The article cannot be published in any other medium without informing the journal management. However, if the author withdraws the article or the evaluation results negatively, the author may publish his article in another medium.
• An article published in Etkileşim cannot be just published or printed in another medium.
• During the submission process, the "Ethics Committee Approval Report", "Copyright Transfer Agreement" and the documents showing the plagiarism rate (received via Turnitin or iThenticate) should also be submitted to the editorial board.
• If the article is an original study, it should be referred to in accordance with the academic and ethical understanding in case of benefiting from other studies, and all of the cited works should be listed in the bibliography.
• Those who do not contribute to the article should not be included in the author section.
• If any financial support is received during the preparation / publication of the article, this should be clearly stated in the relevant text.
• If information, raw data or annotation is requested regarding the article during the evaluation processes, the data should be forwarded to the relevant units.
• In cases where a possible error or correction is required, the author should be involved in the process by contacting the editors.
• The author's request to withdraw the article is accepted only at the evaluation stage. Article withdrawal requests are not accepted at the printing / publication stage of the journal.
• Requests for changing author names and order of responsibility are not processed for articles taken into the evaluation process.
• After the articles are edited, they are sent to the authors for final approval before printing.
ETKİLEŞİM JOURNAL PUBLICATION PROCESS AND PRINCIPLES
Üsküdar University Faculty of Communication Academic Journal Etkileşim is a national refereed scientific journal.
Before the review process, Editors and Editorial Board pre-evaluate the manuscripts together with the "Ethics Committee Approval Report", the "Copyright Transfer Agreement" and the documents (obtained through Turnitin or iThenticate).
The journal employs double-blind refereeing system. The article sent by the author is sent to two national / international referees, who are experts in the relevant field, after the editorial pre-evaluation.
After the evaluation and the referee report, the article is ready to be published.
In case of two different referee reports, the article is sent to the third referee.
In case of "unpublished" report from both referees, the editor submits the referee reports to the author together with the "not published" decision.
If one or both of the referee reports indicate correction, the article is sent to the author together with the correction reports. The author is asked to make corrections within one month at the latest and send the article to the editor of the journal.
The author is obliged to take into account the evaluation, criticism and suggestions of the referee and the Editorial Board. In the event that the evaluation, criticism and suggestions are not approved, the author has the right to report them to the editor of the journal.
The article, which is sent to the editor of the journal after the correction process is completed by the author, is sent again to the same referees if deemed necessary by the Editor and the Editorial Board. In this process, a new report may be requested regarding whether the relevant corrections have been made in line with the recommendations.
The articles are listed in the publication list in line with the completion dates of the referee evaluation processes.
Articles are subject to the editing process by the relevant editors according to their language (Turkish / English). Articles are sent to the authors for a final check before publication.
Articles are not returned to the authors, regardless of whether they are included in the scope of publication or not. However, authors have the right to withdraw their manuscripts before the publication stage with a justification.
No fee is paid to the author and no fee is charged for the published articles.
Articles are available free of charge in print and digital.
Etkileşim Journal Article Categories
Research Article: These are the studies that include an original research in which a topic in the field of communication or social sciences is discussed in line with the findings obtained by scientific research methods, and where the literature study, method description and research findings / results are conveyed.
Review Article: These are studies in which previous studies on a subject in the field of communication or social sciences are reviewed in detail, and the information obtained from these studies is discussed with the current literature within a frame determined by the author.
Essay: These are the studies in which the author discusses an idea in the field of communication or social sciences based on his own views and emphasizes the importance of a subject with its reasons.
Book Review: These are the studies where a book is examined and evaluated in terms of subject, content and importance. Author(s), after giving some information about the book, make evaluations about the subject and content. Then they make criticisms about the purpose of the book, its content, its contribution to the field, and its missing points(s).
Interview: These are studies conducted with the experts in the field of communication or social sciences to present their perspectives on a current issue, to convey discussions, to identify the inadequacies in these discussions and to offer suggestions.
Translation: It includes Turkish-English, English-Turkish studies in the field of communication or social sciences, with the permission of publication and strictly adhering to the text.
Open Access Policy
All issues and related content of Etkileşim can be accessed free of charge on the internet in accordance with the policies of the Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI). Users are allowed to read, download, copy, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author for non-commercial purposes. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access. The open access articles in the journal are licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) license.
Etkileşim adopts open access policy and publishes studies that have not been published anywhere before, not accepted for publication and /or have not been sent to another journal. In the process of submitting the papers via DergiPark, authors upload the “Copyright Transfer Agreement” (please see the attachment) form to the system. By signing the form, authors grant the copyright to publish the work to Etkileşim, Academic Journal of Üsküdar University, Faculty of Communication. Etkileşim retains the copyright to the work licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial- NoDerivatives 4.0 International license (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). According to CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license, unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of the original work are permitted for non-commercial purposes only, provided it is properly cited and its authors credited. No derivative of this work may be distributed.
The form contains the following information:
“I hereby declare that the work titled ………………………….… I / we have submitted is not published elsewhere and is not in the publication process of another journal. In the event that the manuscript is accepted for publication, I grant the copyright to publish the work to Etkileşim, Academic Journal of Üsküdar University, Faculty of Communication which will retain the copyright to my work licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial- NoDerivatives 4.0 International license (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0).”
The published texts can be used with reference, based on intellectual property and copyright legislation, for non-commercial purposes in Etkileşim. They cannot be reproduced partially or completely for commercial purposes. All content is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). The framework pointed out by Creative Commons is adopted by Etkileşim:
Share: Copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format. The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Attribution: You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial: You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
NoDerivatives: If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
No additional restrictions: You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.